IoT Business Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or change these Terms at any time without prior notice to you. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of any changes to the Terms constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
You agree not to take any action that would compromise the security of the Website or render the Website inaccessible to others.
OWNERSHIP AND USE OF CONTENT AND COPYRIGHT.
- All information, materials, and other content, including but not limited to written text, graphics, data, images, illustrations, marks, logos, sound or video clips, and photographs, located on the Website or in documents downloadable from the Website (“Content”), except third-party materials used by IoT Business Council under license, are the property of the IoT Business Council, and are protected under United Kingdom and international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Except as provided under these Terms, no right, title or interest in any Content is transferred to you.
- Certain premium Content (“Restricted Content”) is available only to IoT Business Council members (“Members”) who have been issued user names and passwords by IoT Business Council (or by their employers with IoT Business Council’s authorization), or to other users who have purchased Content for download.
- You agree to maintain all copyright, trademark and other notices on the Content. You shall not copy, transmit, reproduce, publicly display, perform, distribute, alter, transmit or create derivative works of any Content or any portion of or excerpts from the Content in any fashion that is not authorised by the IoT Business Council in writing or expressly permitted in these Terms. You shall not sell, transfer, sublicense, or otherwise make available or permit access to the Content or any portion thereof, to any third party. Neither you nor your organization may use any Content or any excerpt from any Content to promote your or your organization’s products or services. You shall not decompile, disassemble, electronically transfer, de-encrypt, or reverse engineer the Content, or translate the Content into another computer language. All other rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by the IoT Business Council .
- You acknowledge that the Content is proprietary to IoT Business Council and/or its licensors and comprises protectable and copyrighted subject matter, and that misappropriation or unauthorized use of the Content by others would unfairly and irreparably harm IoT Business Council and/or its licensors. You shall not commit any act that would impair IoT Business Council’s and/or its licensors’ proprietary rights in the Content.
IoT BUSINESS COUNCIL MEMBERS
If you are a Member, you are responsible for keeping your username, password, and links to Restricted Content confidential. You agree to keep your username, password, and Restricted Content links confidential, and not to otherwise allow any third parties to access the Site or the Restricted Content through your account or personalized link. You take full responsibility for any activity that occurs through the use of your account and you agree to notify us immediately if you become aware that any third party has accessed your account or has obtained your password or personalized link to the Restricted Content. You may not rent, sell or otherwise transfer your Member account to any third party.
Access to Restricted Content is limited to IoT Business Council Members. You may not use another person’s username or password to access the Restricted Content.
TRADEMARKS. IoT Business Council and the IoT 500 are trademarks of the IoT Business Council in the UK. The use of any of our trademarks without our prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION. Certain content from third parties may be made available as part of this Website. This content is believed to be reliable, but we do not endorse or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of such content and IoT Business Council makes no warranty as to the accuracy of any such information.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES. This Website may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by our business partners, third party vendors or other third parties. Clicking on such a link to a third party website will cause you to leave this Website. The links are only provided as a convenience and IoT Business Council does not endorse any of these sites. We do not control the third party sites and therefore we are not responsible for the content of any third party website or any link contained in any third party website. We do not represent or warrant that the content of these sites is accurate, legal, inoffensive, or free from viruses or other features that may adversely affect your computer, nor do we make any representation regarding the quality of any product or service contained on any such website. By using this Website to link to another website, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against us for any damages or losses resulting from your use of this Website to link to a third party website.
LINKS FROM THIRD PARTY SITES. IoT Business Council prohibits unauthorized links to the Website and the framing of any information contained on the Website or any portion of the Website. IoT Business Council reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames. IoT Business Council has no responsibility or liability for any material on other websites that may contain links to this Website.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
The Content on this Site is based on IoT Business Council’s reasonable efforts to compile and analyze the best sources reasonably available to IoT Business Council at any given time. Any opinions reflect IoT Business Council’s judgment at the time and are subject to change. You assume sole responsibility for the selection of the Content to achieve any of your intended results, and your sole and exclusive remedy for any alleged loss or damage suffered by you in connection with your use of the Website or the Content is to discontinue using the Website or the Content.
NO WARRANTIES. Information and documents provided on this Website are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. IoT Business Council uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Website; it does not, however, make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness. IoT Business Council periodically adds, changes, improves or updates the information and documents on this Website without notice. IoT Business Council assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this Website. Your use of this Website is at your own risk.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL IoT BUSINESS COUNCIL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION, PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA) THAT RESULT FROM ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR CONTENT OR DUE TO ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION THROUGH THE INTERNET, EVEN IF IoT BUSINESS COUNCIL WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
GOVERNING LAW. This Site is administered by IoT Business Council from its offices in Birmingham. IoT Business Council makes no representation that materials at this Site are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. User access to this Website is governed by all applicable federal, state and local laws. All information available on the Website is subject to UK export control laws and may also be subject to the laws of the country where you reside. You may not use or export or reexport the materials on this Website, or any copy or adaptation thereof, in violation of any applicable laws and regulations including without limitation UK export laws and regulations.
BLOG POLICIES AND DISCLAIMER. The views and opinions expressed here and in any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the original authors, not of IoT Business Council. The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by IoT Business Council or any other party. No information that you consider confidential should be posted to the Website. By posting any comments on the Website, you agree to be solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute, link to, or otherwise upload to the Website and release IoT Business Council from any liability related to your use of the site. You also grant to IoT Business Council a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free and fully-paid, transferable (including rights to sublicense) right to exercise all copyright, publicity, and moral rights with respect to any original content you provide.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT. It is IoT Business Council’s policy to fully comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), which provides a procedure for notifying a service provider about intellectual property infringement by third parties. If you have a good faith belief that infringing activity is occurring in connection with this Website, please provide written notice detailing the requisite information as set forth in Section 512(c)(3)(A) of the DMCA, which requires that a notification of claimed infringement must be by way of written communication provided to the designated agent, and that this writing includes substantially all of the following:
- (i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- (ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- (iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- (iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- (v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- (vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
These Terms shall remain in force until terminated. IoT Business Council may terminate these Terms or suspend your access to the Content at any time without notice or reason.
If you have any questions about Website or Content permissions, please contact your account administrator or your IoT Business Council account manager.